Effective May 2020
We do not share your contact information with any other party, and you are entitled to “unsubscribe” from any mailing list at any time.
Information We Collect
1.1 Information that you provide to us directly
We gather information that you provide to us when you:
- -purchase products or services from us
- -subscribe to our newsletters and mailing lists
- -participate in promotional offers and other promotions, competitions or prize drawings
- -fill in forms, conduct searches, post content on the website, respond to surveys, or use any other features of our websites
- -make an inquiry, provide feedback, submit correspondence, or make a complaint over the phone, by email, on our website or by post
- -register for, and update an online account with us (including if you access through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, or an open IP provider)
- -register to, present at, and/or attend, our events and conferences, scan your attendance badge at any of the booths at our conferences/events, or at our booths when we are present at someone else’s conference/event
- -enter into a contract with us
- -sign up for job alerts on our websites, submit a job application, a CV, cover letter, or social media profile to a job vacancy, attend an interview, assessment, or meeting
- -‘follow’, ‘like’, post to, or interact with, our social media accounts, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, and SnapChat.
The information you provide to us will include (depending on the circumstances):
- Identity and contact data: title, names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers or your signature.
- Account profile data: a username/display name, password, user preferences and, if you sign up through a social media account, certain information about that account.
- Conference registration details: the company/organization you work for, job title/position, language preferences, your name, your email, your age, your gender, your job function, your experience, your opinions and why you are attending the conference and what you hope to learn, your accessibility needs.
- Financial data: payment details, which may include billing addresses, credit/debit card details and bank account details.
- Employment and background data: if you apply for employment on our sites, your academic and work history, qualifications, skills, projects and research that you are involved in, references, proof of your entitlement to work in the relevant country, your national security number, your passport or other identity document details, your current level of remuneration (including benefits), and any other such similar information that you may provide to us.
- Visual and audio information about yourself: e.g. a photo or video footage, or sound recording.
- Your preferences: information about your preferences, interests, industry focus, community choices, and other customer profile information.
- Sensitive information: information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, health and whether or not you have any disability. You can find out more about how we use sensitive information below in the “Special Categories of Data” section.
- Any other information that you choose to share with us: for example, any information that you provide via correspondence, when you fill out our survey(s), that you share via our website or social media accounts linked to our website, or any information that you choose to provide in person at events, meetings, or over the phone.
- Any other Personal Information you choose to provide us (e.g., in communications with technical support services, marketing teams, or during the provision of products/services).
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit or use our Web Sites. When you visit the Web Sites, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Web Sites (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Web Sites, and other actions you take on the Web Sites), and allow us to track your usage of the Web Sites over time. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Web Sites. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Web Sites, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Web Sites. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics), to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Web Sites. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third-party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Web Sites.
When you access our Web Sites by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device (“Device ID”), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Web Sites; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Web Sites; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; (f) otherwise plan for and enhance our service; and (g) automatically update the diwo LLC application on your mobile devices.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For more details on your choices regarding your information, see the section below called, “Your Choices Regarding Your Information.”
We may share your personal information with:
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership as diwo LLC, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., an organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, content or service fulfillment, or providing analytics services; additionally, we may use credit card processing or verification service companies to verify credit card information and process payments. We will require any such processing or verification services to comply with PCI privacy and security requirements.
- Third parties which we think may offer you products or services you may enjoy if you have indicated to us that you wish to receive information from such parties;
- Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
Use of Google Analytics:
diwo LLC may use any of the following services from Google Analytics:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
We will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature unless we have robust notice of, and the user’s prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to, that merger. To see how Google uses your information, review How Google uses data when you use Google’s partners’ sites or apps.
How We Store and Protect Your Information
Keeping your information safe: diwo LLC cares about the security of your data, and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Web Sites. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from diwo LLC, at all times. However, diwo LLC cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to diwo LLC or guarantee that information on the Web Sites may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites and services that you add to the diwo LLC Web Sites, such as social networks. diwo LLC is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Compromise of information: In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, diwo LLC will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Your Choices about Your Information
Commercial and marketing communications: We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt out or change your preferences. We also use your information to send you Web Sites-related emails (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Web Sites, technical and security notices). You may not opt out of Web Sites-related e-mails. You will also be able to be “found” on diwo LLC based on information that you provide (see “Find friends on diwo LLC”) above.
You control your account information and settings: You may update your account information and email-communication preferences at any time by logging into your account and changing your profile settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt out of Web Sites-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Web Sites, technical and security notices). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Advertising: We may permit third-party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of our website over time so that they may display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Web Sites as well as on other websites or apps. Typically, the information collected for this purpose is collected through cookies or similar tracking technology. The only way to completely opt out of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, located at http://www.networkadvertising.org). Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents diwo LLC or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Web Sites, and for use in targeted advertising activities by third parties. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Web Sites. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
How long we keep your User Content: Following termination or deactivation of your User account, diwo LLC may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
Access and Correction
To request a copy of the Personal Information we maintain about you, update or correct inaccuracies in that information, or request that we remove your Personal Information from our systems and stop contacting you at any time, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that details your request and includes your exact name, physical address and email address. You also have in particular circumstances the right to object to our uses of your Personal Information, the right to restrict our uses of your Personal Information, and the right to have personal data transmitted in electronic form to you or to a third party (the right of “data portability”).
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of Personal Information. diwo LLC takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up to date.
- In addition, individuals who are residents of the EEA can object to processing of their Personal Information, ask to restrict processing of their Personal Information or request portability of their Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you should contact us directly.
- Similarly, if Personal Information is collected or processed on the basis of consent, the data subject can withdraw their consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information held in reliance on legal processing grounds other than consent.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection law. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond effectively to your request.
“Do Not Track” and Opting Out
diwo LLC does not knowingly or intentionally collect information from anyone under the age of 13, and we request that anyone under the age of 13 does not submit personal information. If we become aware that someone under the age of 13 has provided personal information, we will delete the information from our records.
Links to Other Web Sites and Services
How to Contact Us